cancel
470Problems Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank screen and flashing LEDs (ProBook 470 G3)

HP ProBook 470 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

today i tried to start my notebook (HP Probook 470 G3) and it first played some beeping sound with a blank screen, after i took the battery out, since this was the first time this happened to me. And tried turning it on again caps and num lock LEDs flashed five times. Now I have tried taking out the battery and adapter and draining the computer but it still wont turn on. I took out the RAM modules and repositioned them on the other slot, and even took out my wifi and M.2 hard disk (I recently put in) and tried draining it, and it still wont turn on.

Edit: After the flashing stops, the fan turns on and starts gradually increasing to the maximum, and cold air is coming out so it isnt overheating or anything.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,243 4,159 562 1,256
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blank screen and flashing LEDs (ProBook 470 G3)

Can you match the sequence of 'blinks' to those shown in the table below.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation