Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Follow below instructions:

• Please browse to the path: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump;
  • Upload this file on any cloud storage service (example: MediaFire);
  • Make a new post on the "Notebook Lockups, Freezes, & Hangs" board or make a new reply in the topic where you already mentioned about the BSOD problem. Please remember that you need to add there link to the compressed file.

Explanation:

The information contained in these files will help us to find out what is causing the BSOD problem.

Resources:
How to compress and upload Minidump files

How To Make A Post - Video

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
85 REPLIES 85
HP Recommended

Hi daniel,

I have the same problem for my hp DESKJET 2000, the blue screen error sometime appear..

this is my minidump links

http://www.mediafire.com/?fktd9cs8v4y6gbd

HP Recommended

Hi Dean, pleae could you check out my minidump files? I have the BSOD on a HP pavilion DV6:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6ug9a99hbc6d3a5

Error message reads:

BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER and BAD_POOL_HEADER

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Couls you please seewhat's the problem with mu computer i have uploaded the minidump files as requested..

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#y429f6e8uzpme

Thank you

HP Recommended

I've been geting a BSOD since the last week - it appears to be triggered when the laptop has been idle for some time - when it goes into power saver mode. I get POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8005862060
BCP3: FFFFF8000447E3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA8005ACD9D0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

HP Recommended

@Nanoshka

Hi,

Unfortunately the link which you provided is incorrect.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@hphopper

Hi,

If you still need my help then please give me access to the dump files like it is suggested in this thread.

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel!

My HP Laptop Pavilion dv6 (6 months old) crashed today for the first time (kernel_data-blue screen). I am afraid that it could be something serious. Could you please check the file that I uploaded for you and tell me what the problem is and what I can do to fix it? Here is the link: http://dfiles.eu/files/63q3rgrqm

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

@Pat_4

Hi,

After checking the minidump file it looks that you have a problem with faulty memory or hard drive.

Please download and instal the latest HP UEFI Support Environment version from here

Restart system and on the startup repeatedly press the F2 key.  Now HP PC Hardware Diagnostics should run. 

Choose from the list " Component Tests " -> " Hard drive" -> " Extensive Tests ".

When the test will fail then it means then you need to replace it with new one as soon as possible.

If your notebook has still valid warranty then please contact with HP. They will send you new HDD for free.

How to do it? Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

When the HDD test will not fail then this time choose from the list " Component Tests " -> " Memory " -> " Extensive Tests " -> " Loop Until Error ". 

The test will be repeated over and over. It will stop by itself only if an error will be detected in memory (RAM).

Note:

This is a very long process so it may be a good idea to perform this test at night when you will go to sleep.

At the bottom left of the screen there will be information about completed iterations.

The minimum value that I recommended before stopping this process manually is 4.

How can you stop the test? Press the ESC key.

When the test will stop on its own then this means that one of the RAM sticks or both are faulty.

How to find out which one needs to replaced? You should test each memory separately.

Remove one RAM stick from the notebook and test second.

When you will finish checking is it faulty or not then remove it and install second stick to test it too.

If your notebook has still valid warranty and any RAM stick is faulty then please contact with HP. They will send you new RAM stick for free. How to do it? Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot mate. I hope to make the tests in the upcoming days. I will give you a feedback about the results. Greetings

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.