cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Blue screen and running in circles...

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s186no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughters PC locks up (blue screen) when i boot the machine with the following message after the blue HP logo appears:

Stopcode: "page fault in nonpaged area"

What went wrong: NTFS.sys

Then the machine reboots and starts the "automatic repair" - after a minute - a new error message (blue screen) appears:

Stopcode: bad system config info.

I read some forum posts and have created a fresh installation media on a USB drive - and changed the boot order in the BIOS, so it would boot from the USB drive. Upon boot from the USB i receive a new blue screen:

Stopcode: bad system config info.

So it seems I am running in circles. I can't seem to create a new installation of windows 10, the machine isn't able to autorepear.

Do anyone have a suggestion? Any help would be appreciated!

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dennis_chr

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer crashes randomly. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

For better clarity and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:  

Did you try any troubleshooting steps before contacting us?How long are you facing this issue? 

For now please try these steps: 

Follow this document, https://hp.care/2K4A4il and try performing Microsoft push button reset. 

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂  

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi there - and thanks for trying to help.

When I press f11 the computer works for a few seconds. Shows a small message (recovery) - changes to a black and white hp logo. Works a bit with a “please wait” message. And then the blue screen reappears. Same error message: bad system info.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dennis_chr

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If for some reason the recovery fails, the only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on https://hp.care/2B3MVQS by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

1) Click on this link - https://hp.care/2moMFSc

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and thanks again.

I can see that the recovery media is a paid service (as well as the phone support). I have already tried to install a fresh windows install from a USB drive - with no luck. The computer crashed before installation could begin.

So before I start paying for recovery media I just wanted to make certain that recovery media from HP is a different product than "just a windows install disc".  I mean, it would be a great disapointment should the blue screen show up before the recovery media could work it's magic...

Any thoughts on that? Or is there a "full satisfaction guarantee" on the recovery media? 🙂

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dennis_chr

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Recovery kit will have the windows operating system installation files, required drivers, and all the software's which came with the computer at the time of purchase. It's the exact image of the software's in the computer. 🙂

But, before trying this, I would recommend you to perform a complete system test, by re-starting the notebook, keep tapping F2.

Just to make sure that , there is no hardware issue's with the computer. 😉

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again - and thanks for the effort.

I already did a full hardware check and everything came back fine. So I'll go ahead and order the recovery USB drive and hope that it will be able to boot - unlike the windows recovery media.

Appreciate it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dennis_chr

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again,

Received the USB drive with recovery media in the mail today. However - the problem persists. When asked to boot from the USB drive the computer frezzes on the blue screen with the error message: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (ntfs.sys).

Only difference is that when not trying to boot from the USB the computer automatically restarts - but when booting from USB it asks me to restart manually 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,354 14,104
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dennis_chr

Sorry to hear you spent money on Recovery Media and it isn't working . I suspected it probably wouldn't since the Windows 10 USB wouldn't.

Just to clarify and ensure that nothing is loading before either of the usb flash drives tries to load. Have you done the process as outlined below? Also-be sure you are using the USB 2.0 port. I believe you have 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 ports. Uusally the USB 2.0 port is on right side. USB 3.0 will have the SS symbol beside them.

Insert flash drive in usb port. Power on and immediately start tapping the Esc key. This will halt everything and open a menu where F9 Boot options is a choice. Tap F9. Use the arrow key to move to and highlight/select USB. Tap Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation