Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 430 G2
Linux

I just installed a new operating system (Manjaro 18 gnome) and after I finished installing it and the installer promoting me to reboot, the machine gives me the message BootDevice not found. I had the same issue earlier after installing another OS and the issue seemed to be wrong boot order. Now I don't know what it is. I've tried to change boot order, restoring the bios to factory defaults, reinstalling the OS, but nothing seems to work. System diagnostics say the hard drive is fine. Does anybody know what is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@beanbag

HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled.  IF you replace that or add a different OS, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that other OS -- as HP then provides  assistance only on Redhat and then only to commercial customers.

Your best bet for Linux support, since HP does not provide Linux support to consumers, not does it provide Linux drivers, is to contact the support forum for the Linux distro you are trying to install.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I understand what you are saying, but I feel like the operating system should not be the problem here as I, first of all have used four or five different Linux distributions with the machine without issues, and secondly I have seen countless other HP users with the same problem who are using windows. Ultimately this seems like a problem with the bios or the hardware itself which makes it an HP problem. It's not the OS that is giving me the error it's HP. I'm sorry if I seem aggregated I'm not here to argue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.