Si07
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can find the secure boot disable command on my HP Pavillion G60-120em laptop

pavillion G60-120em
Microsoft Windows Vista

I have a HP Pavillion G60-120em laptop that's currently running windows vista.  i want to upgrade to windows 7, but when i try and boot from cd/dvd it doesn't work.  I've seen possible solutions posted, but my problem is that i can't find the 'disable for the secure boot' command.  It doesn't seem to be in the sytem config or security menu.  I've tried everything, but still no joy.  i'm grateful for any help advice as i've tried for days without any luck.

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
44,688 38,145 3,342 14,040
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can find the secure boot disable command on my HP Pavillion G60-120em laptop

Secure Boot is a feature that started with Windows 8 machines. That is why you can't find it on a  laptop of Vista vintage.

1-Simply saying-"when i try and boot from cd/dvd it doesn't work"-doesn't give us much to work with. What is happening?  "Tap any key to boot from CD" not appearing at power on? Or-tries to boot from CD but get Errors messages or simply fails? Etc.

2-Have you tried entering BIOS by tapping F10 key at power on-set CD/DVD as first boot device-Save & Exit?

3-Have you tried tapping Esc key immediately after powering on to see if a menu opens. If so F9 Boot options should be a choice.Tap F9, then use arrow key to move down & highlight CD/DVD the tap Enter key.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation