01-27-2012 07:39 PM
I have recently purchased a new laptop HP 2000-410US Notebook PC. The OS is Windows 7 64-bit.
I had a similar laptop previous to this, an HP G60-530US Notebook.
The issues that I am having is internet connection issues. My previous laptop had no issues at all connected to the internet anywhere in my house. No matter how far I was away from the router or anything. My new laptop is very spotty. I will have connection for maybe a minute and then it will go very slow and then it will go totally out and stay out for minutes at a time. Its very frustrating. I don't think that it is an issue of being so far away from the router. Because where I normally sit is only about 20-25 feet from the router (and as I said earlier, the previous laptop didn't have any issues). But then again, if I bring the new laptop closer to the router (say 5 feet) the internet connection works like a charm.
Are there any suggestions out there? Is there something that I need to do to the laptop to 'better the internet signal'? Any help would be greatly appreciated
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)