DirkK1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disable secure boot in BIOS

Pavillion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to boot from usb. Followed all the instructions given in the manuals and online help. In BIOS menu "secure boot disabeled, entered the given codes, answer was given "database empty". After repeatedly restarting no usb booting (with several usb sticks and systems on it). The only way to start is on Win10 and NOT from usb.

Please help!

Dirk

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
1,079 1,030 71 125
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @DirkK1

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would like to try and help get your computer booting from the USB device. Would you please post back with the product number of the computer?  Have you had a chance to try and restore the BIOS? If not I suggest taking a look at this document regarding BIOS restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

For product number click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
DirkK1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After giving the productnumber of my HP Pavillion X2 and reading the information that followed I still found no solutiofor my BIOS problem.

The following details are important:

- The problems concern a NEW HP Pavillion X2 detachable which I received last week;

- the product was replaced for another NEW one, which I received today;

- same problem! (BIOS version is F.11);

- BIOS adjustments were acknowlidged, but booting is only possible in Win 10.

I presume a whole serie of NEW HP Pavillions has a corrupt BIOS.

What do you suggest?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation