Top Student
7 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disk usage 100%

Hp 14 NotebookA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Disk usage has been skyrocketed to 100%.

The laptop has been acting up for a while now. It freeze constantly and simultaneously prevent me from doing anything on the laptop. Even open a folder that some times. The start up seem fine.

Been trying everything I can find on the internet to solve this but nothing seem to work.

1. Stop some services - superfetch and bits
2. Scan and fix drive
3. Virtual memory adjusting

It still 100%.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disk usage 100%

Hi there @Mxnnn

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that your Notebook is freezing and unusable after a short period of time. You also mentioned that your disk space says it is at 100%. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS Upgrade?

Have you tried to do a disk defragment?

Have you tried to do a disk cleanup?

Have you tried cleaning the vents?

Is the Fan Noisy or Spin Constantly?

Is the PC Warmer than Normal

Have you tried Testing for hardware failures?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. 

You could also try to use the Increasing System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer document. Use the information in this document to control when applications run, adjust how your computer uses memory resources, and reduce heat inside your computer. This could help you troubleshoot the Slow Performance issues you are experiencing.

Here are some documents for you that may help:

Here are a couple other tricks you can try: 

• Prevent software from starting when the computer is started.
  • Close software programs when you are done using them.
  • Log off the Internet when you are not actively browsing the Internet.
  • If your computer gets hot when playing games, try playing the game at a lower resolution and with decreased graphics settings.

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thank you! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation