DK935
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 15 K100 won't boot, blink code has 2 blinks

Envy 15 K100
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My daughter's laptop has died.  When you push the power button the power light on the side comes on and stays on and the hard drive light blinks momentarily then not at all.  There is a blink code on the Caps Lock key that appears to blink twice - one blink followed by a second about 1 to 2 seconds later, then a longer wait and the code repeats.  There is no LED on any other key. 

I've tried the hard reset by pulling the battery and pushing the power key for a long time.  No change.

I've looked up the blink code which says it's a corrupted BIOS and used the Windows key/B key combination before pushing the power button and nothing happens except the blink code continues.

This is all that I can find to try with this laptop and the daughter needs it for her online college courses.  She bought it from Amazon and it is a refurbished unit.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy 15 K100 won't boot, blink code has 2 blinks

Hi @DK935,

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips. For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. Would you please verify the product number as there should be a couple of letters at the end that are missing. HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I grasp that you purchased the notebook refurbished from Amazon, but now it  will not boot up. When you power the notebook on you see a blinking LED on the Caps Lock button. You tried using the Windows +B option to restore the BIOS but have not been successful.

Here are two links that I think may help.

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation