09-12-2019 01:55 AM - edited 09-12-2019 02:42 AM
09-12-2019 02:37 AM - last edited on 09-12-2019 09:01 AM by kevin-t
The name of the laptop is HP Notebook - 15 - db0043na, model number is 4FJ77EA, S/n [edited] I would appreciate information also how to reinstall OS the whole thing but before I do that please recommend diagnostic tools that I should use... so I will try to diagnose the problem...but I am equally good to reinstall the whole thing...
09-16-2019 06:15 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file inorder to install Windows operating system.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee