Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

Fail to Boot the OS

Product Name: COMPAQ V6000 model: 6180ea
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Hello , I have a old Notebook (Laptop) with 2Gb Ram, like in the description a Compaq V6000 model 6180ea

It's pretty old, but I need him to use it .

Some time ago, I've buyied a new Power Adapter because the last one was damaged and everything was working fine until now.

It seems the battery doesn't work anymore, but I'm surprised because with no battery the laptop, boot up , shows the way to open the BIOS and after that he shut down.

If I access the BIOS, he doesn't shut down, but he stay open until I save and exit from BIOS and after that shuts down again...

Why so? All this because he doesn't have a battery anymore?

On my other Notebook from Hp, I use it connected to the power directly. I connect the battery to the laptop when I'm away from home... and it's work fine....

What I can do to solve this problem with this old laptop too?

I hope you can help me. Thank You!

Claudio_S

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)

Re: Fail to Boot the OS

The battery has nothing to do with it. I suspect a bad hard drive. When you are in the BIOS you are not accessing the hard drive but when you try to boot up you access the hard drive and it is bad the system will shut down. Less likely but could be memory or even the motherboard. 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (134 Views)

But I have tried to re-install Windows.

I have create a Image with fresh Windows on USB Key and tried to boot up from there. 

The same.

Shuts down.

On the DC Adapter, and ad the input of the Notebook there is the LED ON.

I say before I can go into BIOS and STOP, there and no other.

I can give you these informations from BIOS:

Notebook Model: (Compaq) Presario V6000 (RR735EA#ABF)

System Board ID: 30BB

Bios Version:  F.06

Do you know how can I find out the problem?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

I will try to make it working but if someone has the knowledge to help me with this....please help me.

Thank you all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation