Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I enable fast startup and shut down my pc and turn it on again there is a process ntoskrnl.exe (System) which takes   10-15% cpu usage  but when fast startup is  diabled it and after a normal boot (shuting down and rebooting again ) the cpu usage comes back to normal o.5-2.5  %  I do want use the fast startup option but after enabling it it is causing the roblem metioned above 

Pls help Screenshot 2020-12-10 120330.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AG31 

OK, but I KNOW what it does and why folks use it -- I'm just trying to tell you that there are no options associated with it for configuring it to work different ways.  Either you use it -- with the problems you are facing -- or you do not.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AG31 

I understand your concerns -- but Fast Startup is a Windows option built into the OS by Microsoft.  There is no way to customize it -- it is either enabled or disabled -- and there is nothing we can do to change that.

HP Recommended

BUT THERE IS A CHANGE IN BOOT TIME WHEN i ENABLE IT EVERYTHING STARTSUP FASTER 

HP Recommended

@AG31 

OK, but I KNOW what it does and why folks use it -- I'm just trying to tell you that there are no options associated with it for configuring it to work different ways.  Either you use it -- with the problems you are facing -- or you do not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.