11-14-2016 06:41 PM
Haven't used laptop in sometime. Can't remember password set for my daughter and she has project due tomorrow a, first thing. How to log in from being "offline".
11-15-2016 02:40 AM
Please enter the incorrect password 3 times and reply to this post with an error code or the halt code, so I can reset the password for you
Please click on the below shown link to reset the password by yourself using the error code or the halt code
Steps to be followed after you reset the password:
- Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
- Disable all passwords that are enabled
- If asked for current password - type the unlock code
- For new password, just press ENTER key
- Repeat the same for verify password column.
- Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.
Incase if the Password doesn’t work please try a Hard Reset as follows.
- Shut down the notebook
- Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery
- Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds
- Plug in the Power/AC Adapter (Leave the battery out for the moment) & Start the Notebook
- If you now see a password box, Please type the same Password I shared before and press enter
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)