Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15-dw3000 (1A3X9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

laptop insists on a recovery key, however when I log into microsoft it doesn't show that there is one for the device in question, and when I logged into Azure AD it also says that the computer in question does not have a bitlocker recovery key. I did not set up a recovery key, and all the places say that the recovery key doesn't exist, yet the computer won't boot without it, so what do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

I did a bit more digging and it seems that this has been going on for years, and that the solution is to wipe your computer and re install the operating system. Sorry not to have better news, and maybe you can find a real solution, but I wasn't able to.

Thank you Microsoft and HP, you have been stunningly and completely unhelpful. Much as I abhor the thought, Mac is looking better and better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.