Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SujoyUpadhyay
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15-ac179TX function keys reversed

The function keys are reversed in HP 15-ac179TX.

I have the BIOS option disabling "Action Keys Mode but it does not work. 

Please advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
947 891 41 165
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @SujoyUpadhyay,

I understand you're having issues with the function keys and I would like to help.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by they are reversed. Would you be able to explain a little more?

Also, what version of Windows is installed on the notebook?

Please let me know.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

0 Kudos
SujoyUpadhyay
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If my Fn key is pressed, the normal (PC-like) F1 - F12 keys will be triggered; when it isn't, then the special keys will be triggered (e.g. brightness control, sound volume).

The functionality is reversed. eg: Instead of pressing F5 to refresh a webpage I need to press FN+F5

OS installed is WIndows 8.1

Please dont say that there is a BIOS option to fix because I have done that and its not working.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @SujoyUpadhyay,

Thank you for the reply! TechSurge is not in the office. I will continue to follow up your case.

It normally recomended to re-install the HP System Event Utility software to troubleshoot the keyboard Fn issue. However, I only found the Windows 7 and 10 version software for your model. The link for the drivers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac100-Notebook-PC-series/8499326/model/9329831

Did the Function keys work with Windows 8.1 before? If it worked before, you may try to restore to the working point Using Microsoft system restore. Or you may consider to recover the system to the original OS.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation