Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2. Laptop after being off for a while on the first boot will sit black with a white box in the bottom right corner. Curious if anyone has seen this. I am going to see if there is an update for the bios. 

Note this is before it goes into the Sure Start Screen. Hitting the power button and turning it back on always works so far, but it's annoying to have to do this every single day. 

IMG_9836.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you running Origin? What happens if you right-click the box?  (Are you able to do that?)

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  I have updated everything and still get this enigmatic issue. 

As outlined in the original post this happens at boot, so it is not the same as the origin problem.  It is apparently a bios or hardware issue.

I love this computer, but there are little quirks that frustrate me on occasion

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.