Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I work in a computer repair shop, a customer brought in the laptop today saying that it doesn't switch on at all, stating that it isn't charging, I tested the charger it worked fine, opened the laptop to check the charger port and didn't see any damage. When I plug in the charger the power light comes on and the battery light flashes 4 times before turning off again. I've also tried turning it on with the charger plugged in and the battery removed, still no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
In this video, will see how to interpret the light and beep codes on your HP Notebook if you find that it does not start normally. You can use these codes to understand the underlying problem and take further steps accordingly. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:21 Light locations 01:11 Identify ...
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MNl-_uNOWM&t=9s

Try the blink codes, perhaps they may help.

In this video, will see how to interpret the light and beep codes on your HP Notebook if you find that it does not start normally. You can use these codes to understand the underlying problem and take further steps accordingly. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:21 Light locations 01:11 Identify ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.