Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15t-aq100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last week, our HP Envy x360 model "15t-aq100" suddenly powered off while in use, while connected to the AC adapter. We cannot get it to power on again. We took it to a local computer shop, and he said it appears the motherboard needs to be replaced. He said it was too expensive for him to replace the motherboard (about $400-$500), but said that he thought HP had a program where you ship the computer to HP and pay a flat fee (he thought about $175), and HP will test and refurbish the computer, and get it working again. He thought, because of the likelihood that the motherboard is bad, and because that's an expensive part, it might be more than $175, but still less than it would cost for him to replace the motherboard himself (he was also having a hard time finding the motherboard).

I tried to call HP, but since the computer is out of warranty, the HP website offers no way to contact them by phone. It links you to the HP support community or a link to "find nearest" HP service center location (which, for me, is a small, independent shop 50 miles away, with lots of one star yelp reviews).

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CoffeePower
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.