2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 Unresponsive

HP Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello all,
I seem to be having the same problem as all of you. Bought the spectre in Aug. 2015 right before heading to college. It worked fine for the last year and a half until tonight where I was working on homework, got up for less than 5 minutes, and came back to an unresponsive laptop. Can anyone catch me up on what is going on and how I should go about fixing this issue.
Thanks,
-Kenny
4 REPLIES
Dean Dean
Dean
7710 615 2716
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @KMill62

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

What you describe sounds like a single incident - please, correct me if I am wrong.

If the PC just froze and is unresponsive now, try to perform hard reset (hard restart). Press and hold the power-on button for 5-10 seconds and and device should power itself off. Leave it like that for another 10 seconds and press the power-on button again to start the PC.

Does this work ?

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
KMill62 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IT_WinSec,
I did try to perform several hard resets, with no response from the computer. After taking the laptop to Best Buy, they confirmed that it was a fried motherboard. After looking at these forums, it seems like lots of other people have had this problem. Just wondering how I should deal with this issue.
Thanks,
-KMill62
0 Kudos
Dean Dean
Dean
7710 615 2716
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't comment on the details as I haven't seen the PC myself in live but it sound reasonable.

If you trust them, ask them to replace the motherboard (repair the PC).

If the PC does not start up at all, it could definitely be motherboard problem. If it's motherboard issue - it needs to be replaced because it is essential part of the PC.

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos
yayapam Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have just lost my Spectre x360 to a "defective" motherboard  just 5 months past the warranty.   When I  decovered it would be way too costly to repair, I just stored it away.  I am hoping that HP will soon realize that this is something they need to address for those of us who were very impressed with this model.   I have used and trusted HP products for many years, but now, I will think twice about buying another HP product if they are not willing to make good on what appears to be a flaw in this model.  Way too many consumers reporting same issue shortly after warranty.  I did not puchase this item thinking it was a "disposable" model. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation