Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
sswan827 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard Drive short DTS check failure code meaning?

HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My hpnl laptop has been use a lot of service host and running slow. Then it would not boot all it would do it spinning dots, so performed a Hard Drive Short DTS test and it failed.
Failure code: PQDXKR-7SA85C-MFPWMF-60UV03
Descriton: Hard drive 1 - Primary HDD Bay*
2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
49213 9751 16606
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The  error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the boot issue you describe.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the full Model No. and Product No. of your 15 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
sswan827 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! After put this message in the hard drive failed completely and won't even come on now so I am about to call HP to see if I can an get it replaced.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation