Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
My Hp 15 f010wm won't come on...
The battery has not been able retain a charge so I have been using the laptop like that, until yesterday.... When the laptop went off abruptly due to power outage. When power was restored..i tried to power up the laptop... But it jes couldn't come on.. Instead the power led comes on for a while, goes off, Then blinks anytime I touch the power button... I have tried the hard reset.. Still nothing
If I may add the day this happened, I had just replaced my Charger
Thanks in anticipation of your answers or solutions
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Andyphied Thanks for keeping me posted.

I'm glad you were able to identify the issue and get it fixed.

I would suggest you try changing the Cmos Battery and check if the issue persists,

Let me know if any help is required.

Wish you a wonderful day. Cheers !!

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Andyphied Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

I understand the computer is not powering on after a power outage and you have also replaced the Ac adapter the same day,

I would request you to try the following troubleshooting steps by clicking here Computer Not Starting Up .

Let me know how it goes and if any help required please keep me updated.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.... I did has I read and this was my observations
If the battery was attached with the laptop.... The power led would blink once then go off... Buh when I try to run the laptop directly with an AC adapter... The power led light stays on consistently
I even tried to connect the battery back to the laptop while it was connected directly to the AC adapter... It only made the white power turn orange for a moment then turn white again ....then the whole process of it blinking and going off when you touch the power button continues. No other Led Light are coming on
HP Recommended

@Andyphied Thanks for keeping me updated and trying the troubleshooting steps.

I see that you have followed all the troubleshooting steps in the given link but still the issue persist.

It seems to be a problem with the motherboard and the system is not posting. This issue sometimes happens due to a power outage as well.

I would request you to give us a call  so we can help you get this resolved.

You can find our phone numbers by clicking here HP Contact Number .

I really thank you for going through all those troubleshooting steps and helping us isolate the issue.

If any further help is required please reach out to us.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
So in plain words the motherboard is bad
HP Recommended
I definitely hope not.... I anticipate your answer
HP Recommended

@Andyphied Thanks for posting.

As mentioned earlier, unfortunately, this looks like a motherboard issue.

The best option would be to contact HP Phone Support for further assistance.

If ever you contact HP Phone Support, let them know you have already attempted the troubleshooting steps.

Wish you a great weekend.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your response...... The system came on, when I remove the cmos battery..... But I don't know why. The same thing happened again, then the removing and placing back the cmos battery corrected it.... Still wondering why it works.
HP Recommended

@Andyphied Thanks for keeping me posted.

I'm glad you were able to identify the issue and get it fixed.

I would suggest you try changing the Cmos Battery and check if the issue persists,

Let me know if any help is required.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Am afraid.... I am back again..... This time the laptop went off itself and won't come back on.... The caps lock led keeps Blinking continously .... Opened it up to see that the fan wasn't rolling..... This time I am really scared
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.