NintendoS
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Issues in waking up from Sleep on hp elitebook 8470p

EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I started having this problem two days back, I didn't upgrade or installed anything when the problem started. I have an hp EliteBook 8470p, few days back in the morning when I closed the lid after working on my laptop and opened again, it should have woken up from sleep instead, it lit the buttons of wifi, volume and internet for half a second then again it went off and restarts the system and after restarting it got stuck on hp logo and than I had to press the power button again to shut and restart it. I have checked multiple solutions like checking power settings, sleep settings, troubleshooting of power, I even updated windows to version 1903 only to find it also didn't fix the problem. I am really frustrated by having laptop restarting again and again every time I close the lid. I am using Windows 10. Thanks for the help in advance
P.S: In safe mode after closing the lid and then again opening it my system wakes up from sleep showing all the work where I left, rather than restarting.
I ran a full system scan yesterday and after that a little progress is that now when I press the power button after opening the lid it lits the buttons of wifi, volume and internet for half a second then again went off and after that I had to press power button again and then it starts from hp logo, just like when a windows starts after a restart or shutdown, but now when I log into my laptop it starts off where I left it, so I am sure that sleep mode is working but in a more complex and complicated way, I am really frustrated now, Thanks for the help in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation