Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ap0xxx
Linux

Hi!

If I boot my laptop with a mouse connected to any USB port the keyboard is unusable in GNU GRUB. I have to deconnect the mouse and reboot to be able to boot my OS. Very annoying 😉 Is there any way to resolve this?

Regards!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tgrim 

Sorry, but HP does not provide consumer level support for Linux issues.

You will need to contact the support forum for the Linux distro you are using for help with GRUB issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Good thing I'm not asking HP Support then, but the community 😉 But thanks for that very helpful answer.

Its not a GRUB issue, but specific for this laptop as I have not encountered this on other laptops with the same setup. I'm sure someones has figured it out before and if I'm lucky one of them might see this post.. I was looking for a legacy USB settings in BIOS or something like that, but found nothing that looked like it could help..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.