Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
j9m23ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 15-f010dx laptop won’t turn on. I was in the middle of using it when it randomly shut down with no warning, it just suddenly went black screened. It never told me if my battery was low or if it was overheating or anything, (it didn’t feel hot). After it happened the charging light started blinking between orange and white and then completely stopped. I know my battery was bad already so I know that might be the issue but shouldn’t it still be able to turn on without the battery if it’s plugged in? I tried a hard reboot, and tried turning it on with just the power cable and no battery, nothing worked. My power cable has a bent in it so that also could also be an issue but it’s never given me any problems before. After the hard reset, the charging light slowly blinked white a few times and then stopped and I can’t get it to do it again. I was on a discord call with my boyfriend right before it shut down and he said that my mic started cutting out really bad minutes before it happened. I’m pretty sure it’s either the battery or the power cable, or both, but I just wanted to ask if it sounds like it could be anything else to anyone else. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@marissakcx 

Some model HP laptops will not turn off if the battery is dead even when plugged into the charger.  I have one of those and unfortunately, HP does not provide a list of these models.

So, you have to replace the battery and HOPE that is the issue -- not a good solution, but the only one available.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.