Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp ProBook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help

Error
BootDevice Not Found
Please install an operating system on hard disk
Hard Disk - (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
Blablabla

Plz help

Laptop wont boot.

Tried a lot of stuff...

What happened;
Changed some stuff in BIOS
It froze
I rebooted and used 'restore defaults' in BIOS

Now this and it wont boot.

May have something to do with it; i changed the max SATA speed from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s.

Plz help, need laptop to work

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

That message usually indicates the hard drive has failed.  However, user intervention may have caused an error.  The next time the error screen comes up, press F2 to see if the diagnostics will run for the hard drive.  Then report back with the findings.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I did, multiple times

Startup check is successful

Never did the run check

Hard disk check part 1 is ok, continues with 2th part of check, gets stuck at 10% (or takes very long, didn't wait more then 10 min.

Also my BIOS setup menu is gone, unless I hard power off the machine (holding power button) then i can access it if i go to it immediately after startup.

HP Recommended

On the newer HP's, start tapping Esc then start.  Keep tapping ESC.  There should then be a startup menu pop-up and one of the choices will be opening the BIOS.

FYI: the second part of the hard drive diagnostic is the long run.  If that fails, then the hard drive is likely to fail soon.

If the pop-up menu gets missed, try again.  Once in the BIOS check to see if the hard drive shows in there.  Also, check to see if it was successful in getting the BIOS set back to defaults.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Well after 2 hours the hard disk test 2 (comprehensive) is completed

Message; 

Hard Disk Test Passed

HP Recommended

But still getting no bootdevice found 

HP Recommended

Does the hard drive show up in the BIOS? 

If it is showing up in the BIOS, then perhaps the boot manager has been corrupted,  Since this is Windows 10, a repair with the bootable install media may be able to fix or rebuild the boot manager, otherwise Windows will need to be reinstalled.  With a working PC, go here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then boot to this new media.  First try the repair instead of install.  If it fails to find a Windows install  or the repair is unsuccessful, then reinstall Windows from that same media.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

How do i check if it shows up in the BIOS

HP Recommended

??

HP Recommended

???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.