cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Login problem

HP Recommended
x360 - 13-s154sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have created an MS account on my new 2in1 laptop today, but now it will not allow me to login. 

I have reset my password via login.live.com several times on another device, my laptop will not log in with the new password either.

I enter the password and the dots next to the "welcome" just spin round (for ages !) and then goes back to login screen. It does not give me any error messages, or tell me that the username & password are incorrect.
I can login to MS account on other devices.

What has gone wrong, how can I correct this ?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 901 2,539
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @aluaP66, thanks for joining the HP Forums! 

I'd be happy to help you with your log in password. I understand you've reset your password and now when you try to sign into the computer the dots next to the welcome spin continuously. Please take a look at the following document and if it helps you to resolve the issue kindly click the Accept as Solution button below to mark you post as solved: HP PCs - How to Recover Your Forgotten Password (Windows 10).

I hope this helps. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation