Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjb53
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My screen flashes when I open my laptop and I must move it back & forth for screen to act normally

Pavilion g6t 2000 CT0 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There have been no changes to hardware or software since updating to Windows 10 last year. This problem occurs each time I open the laptop from sleep or when I turn on tower.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,462
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My screen flashes when I open my laptop and I must move it back & forth for screen to act normally

@bjb53

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion g6t 2000 laptop and the screen flashes when you open the laptop or when it resumes from sleep mode.You have to move the lid back and forth to make the display appear normal. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I did some research on this case and have concluded it is an internal hardware defect and suggest you to contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your laptop.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation