Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio G5
Linux

Hello - I just received a brand new HP Zbook Studio G5 with 2 internal 1TB NVMe 'drives' that are in a RAID 1 mirror as 1 logical volume. I have went through the installers for RedHat, Fedora and Ubuntu workstations, but none of them recognize the logical drive. I have already called HP and got no help from them except "we don't support dual boot with Linux and Windows". I don't want to dual boot, I want to blow away Windows 10 completely, and just run Linux (preferably RedHat 7 Workstation), but not having any luck. Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jcorriher 

Sorry, but as far as I know, HP does not provide Linux support to consumers.

When you replace the OS that comes preinstalled, you take on full responsibility for supporting that OS.

So, you are basically on your own and need to contact a RedHat forum to get assistance.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response. I will head down that road with Red Hat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.