Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9Y1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Dear Support,

Our HP laptop which has been working fine will not power up at all. Its still got 11 months of warranty and I do not want to remove the back panel to disconnect the battery.

1. When plugged in, there is no power light illuminated.

2. We have tried a different AC Adaptor from an identical laptop purchased at the same time.

3. We have tried holding down the power on button with the ac adaptor disconnected for 15, 20 and longer seconds

No signs of life using any of those techniques.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here's a video from HP Support about troubleshooting a laptop that does not power on or hold a charge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgDy0h9a7Jg

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the video, but the problem is more basic than that. 

1. The power adaptor works on an identical model of HP laptop, so is known good. Another adaptor has been tried.

2. When the working power adaptor is plugged into the faulty laptop, there is no led indicator of any colour that lights up.

3. Holding down the power on button has no effect

I've had this problem before and taken out the battery and then restarted without the battery, before then re-inserting the battery to fix these issues.

The problem being, its an internal battery, requiring the removal of the back panel.

The laptop is virtually brand new, so I should not have to remove the back panel to fix it, its under warranty.

There must be a way around this, otherwise the product is not fit for purpose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.