0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 13 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

my laptop now says boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk hard disk 3FO

any ideas

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,477 10,473 981 2,918
Message 14 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of Windows have you tried and where did you get it?

Try this site, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.  Of course it needs to be the same as what that PC had before.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 15 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am not sure which windows is there any way of finding out
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,477 10,473 981 2,918
Message 16 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Post the model numbe rof this PC and I can see what it came with.  If it was upgraded to Windows 10, then you can do that.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Level 4
128 118 5 9
Message 17 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hmm....... I understand that when u open f2 (uefi diagnostics) , it opens a black screen with 4 options written in white . . . . . . This is older version of bios , if u want latest diagnostic then u can download it from here ---> http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78614.exe . . . . . . On a working pc , open the file and install the diagnostics on a pendrive ( u need a empty pendrive and connect the pendrive to the system before executing the setup ) ......... During the process u will see 2 option 1.st -- uefi partition and 2nd pendrive . . . . Select the second one and after selecting it u will get a message saying that u need to rename the drive , click yes and always yes . . . . 🙂 after completion of the process remove the pendrive and connect it with your laptop before starting it up . Now open uefi diagnostics by f2. . . . . And gatcha !! U have the same interface as in the site . . . . . . Now open the hard disk test
0 Kudos
Level 4
128 118 5 9
Message 18 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The problem of no boot device found can be diagnosed by turning on leagacy mode
0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 19 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
On the diagnostics it says nothing about the ram just 1,8,0,0 version
0 Kudos
Level 4
128 118 5 9
Message 20 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try installing 32 bits
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation