cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 21 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This website does not work?
0 Kudos
Level 4
128 118 5 9
Message 22 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try the above link
0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 23 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have tried getting the windows OS on a pendrive but nothing happens when I put this into the machine.

Still getting the same message - can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,455 10,451 980 2,909
Message 24 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well the information is real sketchy and hard to tell what you have done or not done.  Start with the model number and just what Windows version is in this condition.  You have been given reliable sites to get legal Windows downloads that work.  If you claim they do not work, then more information than "it did not work is needed."  A complete description of what has been done and what are any of the messages that came back.  If that cannot be done , then I do not see how anymore help can be given, IMHO.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 25 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion 11 x360 PC

Product number K1S34EA#ABU

On turning the machine it asks for I get a black screen with a blue bar that says Enter Administrator Password or Power on Password - I eneter this and it comes up with Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083) It also says No Bottable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

I insert the pen drive that has the software added and press any key - it thens comes up with No bootabel device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,455 10,451 980 2,909
Message 26 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally.  That message is from the Intel network device.  It comes up when checking the network for a bootable device.  Since you are not booting from the network, it should indicate that no bootable device was found.  That might still mean the hard drive has failed.    Check in the BIOS for what device is set for first boot device.  In your case make sure it is USB and then  hard drive. HERE IS THE MANUAL for that notebook.

You can enter the BIOS setup by:

Computers or tablets with keyboards:
Turn on or restart the computer, quickly press esc, and then press f10

That PC came with Windows 8.1, is that what you have i=on the pen drive?  and where did you get it?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 27 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

So to clarify when I put my password in I press F10 and tghen go to system configuartion on there I have a section called UEFI Boot order and 4 options (Can you confimed which order they need to be in)

USB Diskette on key/ USB Hard Disk

! USB CD/ DVD ROM Drive

Network Adapter

OS boot Manager

There is also a section called Legacy Boot order with the same options as above - what order do these need to be in?

Many thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,455 10,451 980 2,909
Message 28 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, great.  If the pen drive was prepared correctly, it should be booting to load the OS back on the hard drive, so there must be an error in the way the pen drive was prepared.

Next, move the hard drive up in the boot setup sequence and the message that was coming up about " No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" should not happen again, unless the hard drive is not configured correctly.

If the PC does not have a DVD/CD drive, remove that entry from the boot devices list.  Then save changes and try again to boot from the pen drive.

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 29 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

How do I remove this, I do not have a DVD/ CD rom. Also I used the link for the OS windows and put this on the pen drive.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,455 10,451 980 2,909
Message 30 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If, when you click on the DVD/CD drive while in the setup menu, it does not allow the device to be removed, then move it to the bottom of the list.

When you used the pen drive and downloaded the appropriate Windows, did you pick for the download to make the pen drive bootable.  Please indicate which download was used as several different sites have been listed, and the process used.

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation