Level 1
8 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook powers on does not boot

Pavilion DV7-4065dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am working on a HP Pavilion DV7-4065dx running Windows 10.

It powers on however it does not boot. The power button light and the power light on the side are on and white like usual.

The caps lock light blicks white

The Hard Drive activity light and wireless light are orange and is solid.

When powered on I can hear the CPU fan spin up.

I have removed the HD and memory with same results.

I have also pressed and held the power button for 20 seconds, which I believe is supposed to reset the BIOS. I remember that from another notebook I had. May not do that on this notebook not sure.

Any one have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,217
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook powers on does not boot

Hi @amd64,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't have a display on the screen anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

When you try to turn it on, do you hear the fan running? Or do you get any beeping noises/blinking lights? 

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

1. Recovering the notebook BIOS using a key press combination

2. Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external storage device

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2: (Please remember to capture the failure ID, for further assistance).

For more steps, click here

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation