Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello!  I am having the same issues with my HP Pavillion  - and had a few follow-up questions.

Note from moderators: this message was originally posted in another topic, but it was moved to a new one to give more visibility for volunteers that help customers in the Community.

Original topic URL: HP Pavillon 15-cs0064st wont boot after Windows 11 upgrade. ... - HP Support Community - 8406100

Reply:

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help!

I went through the Bios Update and the Hard drive test and everything was okay.

My next step is to restore my computer to factory default - which is where I now need help.    I tried the F11 key to bring up the system recovery menu - but  the hp logo just shows with an endless "Please wait" and "Preparing Automatic Repair"  Please advise how do I go about restoring my computer to factory default? Can you go through the steps in detail.

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @shelleyla 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing issues with your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I would suggest you please click on the Advanced Option and follow the steps using the link below: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 

Follow the steps from Step-4

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello @shelleyla 

Follow these guides to reset CMOS / BIOS to get a normal state on bootup

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6kYmT7GLs

(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(3) Then try to repeat the recovery process

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
In this video, you will see how to fix an HP laptop with a black screen. If you can hear the fans and hard drives when you turn on your laptop but the screen remains black, follow the steps in this video to try resetting the laptop. Learn how to check the video card, recover the BIOS, and reset ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.