07-18-2011 05:40 AM
Hi, I have a problem with a HP tx2z 1300 laptop.
It has decided to no longer boot, and never displays anything on the screen. When powered on, the power light light up, and instantly the num lock and caps lock light blink 2x and pause before repeating over again. HPs site tells me the BIOS is corrupt based on the lights blinking.
So, how does one fix a corrupt bios when the laptop does not boot? Does this have to be sent in for repair, and if so does anyone have an estimate for this repair? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
07-18-2011 01:06 PM
Its a motherboard related issue and it would cost you around 300-350$ if the notebook is sent in for repair.
I am an HP employee!!
07-18-2011 03:57 PM
Vikas, the blinking of num lock/caps lock is an error code, see this document for more details: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01732674&product=1132551
blink 2x and pause, in most cases, indicate "bios corruption" - likely the motherboard needs to be replaced, but there is a chance it is fixable if the notebook can still be flashed with a new bios. You might want call HP tech support for help and see if that is an option on your model.
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)