Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
14-dk1025wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently got my hands on an m.2 drive. I installed windows on it but even with a known empty HDD I cant boot from the M.2 it will try to boot from the HDD but if the HDD is not installed it will work fine I tried to find ways to change it but I cant find a way to fix it. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JasonDobz 

Please REMOVE the old HDD and run on M.2 SSD for few days (to make sure it works). After that, format the old HDD and put it back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

the m.2 works its just when I put i put in the HDD then the laptop tries to boot off of it but since their is no OS on it I even put in another HDD that I know has nothing on it and it does the same thing 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.