Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce019dx

Hello, we have an omen 15 laptop running windows 10. (Idk if it's a snow leopard or a Yosemite lol) Anyway, the laptop died and wouldn't charge or turn on. We replaced the adapter. It still would not charge nor turn on. We replaced the battery, it turned on briefly, we got go the desktop then it shut down and won't turn on or charge. I went to reddit. Reddit person showed me how to look for beeps. There are 3 white lights, a pause and then 3 more white lights. Reddit user suggested we replace the battery connecter but the battery connector seems to be hooked up correctly. The computer won't boot up at all anymore and when  the power supply is plugged in there is just one red light that beeps momentarily then stops. Is this a motherboard issue? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ubithecat,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting steps, and the issue could potentially be related to the motherboard or another hardware component. Here are a few additional suggestions you can try.

• Check Power Supply and Cord: Ensure that the power supply and cord are functioning correctly. Try using a different power outlet and a known working power cord if possible.
  • Perform a Hard Reset: Disconnect the laptop from any power source, including removing the battery and unplugging the power adapter. Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to discharge any residual power. Then, reconnect the battery and power adapter and try turning on the laptop.
  • Check RAM Modules: Reseat the RAM modules. If you have more than one RAM stick, try using only one at a time or swapping them to see if there's an issue with one of the memory modules.
  • Inspect for Physical Damage: Check the laptop for any signs of physical damage, such as bent pins, loose connections, or damaged components. Pay special attention to the area around the power connector and the motherboard.
  • External Display Test: Connect the laptop to an external monitor to see if it's a display issue. If the external monitor works, the problem may be related to the laptop's screen or graphics.
  • Boot into Safe Mode: If the laptop manages to turn on, try booting into Safe Mode to see if it's a software issue. Safe Mode loads only essential drivers and may help diagnose software-related problems.
  • BIOS/UEFI Update: Check if there's a BIOS/UEFI update available for your laptop on the manufacturer's website. Updating the BIOS/UEFI can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.