10-23-2010 10:57 PM
Every time I turn on my new PC I get a black screen with writing on - it says Boot Device Not Found
Please install an operating system on your hard drive
Hard Disk (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
i had a party in my room the night before so the chance of water/beer getting spilled on it is high
HP Pavilion dv5 notebook pc running Vista
It has Hp hard drive protect
Any help would be appreciated as l think it would be a waste of time taking it to get fixed if this is the case can i buy a shell with a just a mother board and screen?
It is 2 years old so outa warrenty
Thanks for taking the time to read this
10-27-2010 03:08 AM
Remove and reseat the hard drive then perform hard drive self test from BIOS .
Steps for hard drive reseat on page 62.
Hard drive self test steps .
Plug in the ac adapter and remove all external device . Then, perform following steps to perform hard drive self test .
1. Turn on/ Restart the laptop and keep tapping f10 key until bios set up screen appears .
2. Select Tools/Diagnosis option using up or down arrow key.
3. Select hard drive self test option.
4. Run primary hard drive test .
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)