Lisper
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems with ACPI tables

15-bw042ur
Linux

Hi! I have problem with ACPI tables, when I try ask support in my country - they said that it's not their problems, and i need give back notebook to support.

I try update BIOS myself, but hp tools doesn't work, and bin files  for update  absent in latest release.

Kernel bugzilla report here : https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200725

1 REPLY 1
Michal-M
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problems with ACPI tables

HP Spectre x360 15-df0002na, ACPI tables are incorrect.

Product does not fully support Linux (deep sleep is not supported - S3 state).

Any chance that HP hardware engineers can sort their act and write propper / correct ACPI tables, please.

Great laptop except above problems.

My system is Kubuntu 18.04, kernel 5.0.0-29-generic, KDE.

For those having difficulty setting it up for Linux grub kernel line below.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_rev_override=1 acpi_osi=Linux nouveau.modeset=0 pcie_aspm=force drm.vblankoffdelay=1 scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1 nouveau.runpm=0 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 i915.alpha_support=1 i915.modeset=1 intel_pstate=enable intel_iommu=on rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau"

If you still have problems with touchpad add below line to end of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT:

i8042.reset i8042.nomux=1 i8042.nopnp i8042.noloop

And couple more modifications:

echo "options snd-hda-intel model=hp-laptop" >> /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

echo "options i915 enable_fbc=1 enable_guc=3 disable_power_well=0 fastboot=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/i915.conf

update-initramfs

update-grub2

End Line:

FIX ACPI TABLES

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation