Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Ikupeleye1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP STREAM notebook, fully charged but won't power on

I'm experiencing same problem only that the network light keeps blinking
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP STREAM notebook, fully charged but won't power on

Hey @Ikupeleye1, 

I seen that you had posted on a previous thread and thought I would move your post to your own thread for more exposure. I wanted to make sure that I replied to you and offered my help! I understand that your Notebook is not coming on but you see that the Network light keeps blinking. 

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking that post as an Accepted Solution.

Note: please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a document I found called Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please follow each and every troubleshooting step in this document to help narrow down where the issue may be coming from. 

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you hear the fan running when you turn on the Notebook? If so, please take a look at the Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank document. If the notebook screen remains black or blank, and there are no error messages on the screen, then the troubleshooting provided should help determine if this blank screen is caused by a problem with the display. 

The troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot document has more specific detailed steps to be able to perform the hard reset and see if you can get an external display to work. Could you please follow these steps again using this document. 

If you look at the screen very closely, can you see anything faintly in the background?

Did you happen to try removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook?

If you were to turn on the computer, and press the f8 key, does the BIOS menu display on the Notebook? 

Although it is time consuming, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) enables you to test the main components on your Notebook. This should work even if the Notebook will not open to Windows. Please do the UEFI Extensive System Tests. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with detailed results of the troubleshooting and any other information you think may help me to assist you better.

If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation