08-18-2016 08:18 AM
I need to reset password BIOS of my notebook Hp Elitebook 8470p.I 've read all about post ,I tried the step by step:
Press [F10] Bios Setup | [Enter] x 3 | On-screen keyboard displays | [Enter] | "System Locked press the power to restart the system" displays.
Can you help me to reset password ?
Thanks and regards,
08-18-2016 08:27 AM
Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher and Registered Microsoft Partner
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)