Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My neighbor gave her HP Laptop 2017 to me but she forgot her email, user name, password because she only used a MAC.

Should I do what?  Reset windows 10?  Restore Windows 10?  This HP Laptop needs a factory reset back to defaults without any user accounts or admin accounts except the basic Adaministrator account that comes with a Laptop.

What would do?  What should I do?  No one wants any user files, etc.  Just a clean 1st day install of Windows 10 whereby I can login as the Administrator with what default password?

Thanks - Gary @ New Orleans

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @GaryOrleans 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ...

To help you I just need to know the product number (p/n) xxxxxx#xxx of your notebook !

It looks something like this:

ub6424_0-1666524148315.png

ub6424_1-1666524148355.png

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Im unable to read the product name and number.  She words are all extremely faded on the case. I am unable to login. The person who gave it to me never used it so they dont remember any of it. 

That is why I asked how to reset the PC;  Reset or restore.  Both options are listed when booted up into the utility software.  1 easy question.

HP Recommended

Hello @GaryOrleans 

(1) A Restore or a Reset probably requires an administrator account for confirmation, which you do not have.

(2) Please use a magnifying glass (or zoom in using your smartphone camera) and let me know the full product number xxxxxx#xxx

Kind regards

HP Recommended

The product number is faded out too much.  I tried 4 different camera shots. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @Diamondback0420 

You have < HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad013dx >
product number: 1KT77UA

HP Recommended

Yes that’s correct 

HP Recommended

Hello @GaryOrleans 

(1) Open the BIOS Setup Utility
- Access the BIOS Setup Utility using a series of key presses during the boot process.

- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.
- Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

(2) System Information tells you the product ( product number )

(3) Please report your results

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

HP Recommended

You have < HP Pavilion x360 - 11m-ad013dx >
product number: 1KT77UA

Hello @Diamondback0420 

Please create a new topic so we can continue. I will help you.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

In that case it is not permitted to post instructions about locked password, bios password, windows password cause security measures.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.

Regards. Stay safe.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.