Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)

Restore problem stream 11 notebook

Product Name: HP stream 11
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi

Im having great trouble with this notebook....

it was working fine but it was begining to be loaded with lots of items that were no longer needed so i decided to complete a hard reset/restore back to factory settings.

i followed the instructions and the restore started it got to around 65% and then a message appeared on the screen stating that an error had happened, the only oprion was to continue with the process, so i clicked continue.

Now the screen simply rotates between a Hp logo screen and a black screen and nothing else.

I have tried several things - upon start up i press esc f11 shows that the "machine needs repairing"?? with an error code 0000225

currently the notebook is completely inopperable...Please help! 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: Restore problem stream 11 notebook

@Mark-J1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

This error code means one or more of the boot loader files has been corrupted.

You will need access to a working PC for this step in order to create the media needed to repair your PC boot loader.

Once you have that, please download and create Win10 install media from this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit). While you CAN change these settings, do NOT. If you do, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Boot from the media you created, and follow the directions in this link: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

You will need to go to the Advanced Options screen and click on Startup Repair. You will probably have to run Startup Repair three times for it to fix all the boot loader problems.

When done, your PC should boot OK. If it does not, there is a more serious problem.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation