Lunny
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Safe Mode Login Failure

HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion dv7 Notebook product #A6X02UA#ABA will not log in. It's factory install OS was Win 7. It now running Win 10.

I used Safe Mode in an attempt to remove Webroot, after the reboot the normal screen appears without a login box. I have shutdown and pressed F8 and it boots into the same screen with no login box. Blind password typed does not work. Using a USB boot stick and attemping various tricks using reboot/ESC fail. Restore points fail as well. Is there anyway I can get this machine out of Safe Mode?

I gave up and I'm doing a system recovery. Thanks Webroot SecureAnywhere for wrecking my PC.....

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,945 27,790 1,519 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lunny

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx notebook. I understand that unable to come out of safe mode and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Exit Safe Mode Forcefully

• Press the Windows Key+R simultaneously on your keyboard.
  • In the Run Dialog, type MSConfig and click OK.
  • Click on the General tab in System Configuration Utility.
  • Choose the Normal Startup option if it is not chosen.
  • Click on the Boot tab.
  • Uncheck the Safe Boot option if it is checked.
  • Click the OK button in System Configuration Utility.
  • Restart your computer.

If the above steps do not work, You need to perform the system recovery.

Click here to refer the document and perform the system recovery. 

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation