cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 1 of 35
Flag Post

Selected boot image did not Authenticate

HP Recommended
Pavilion

Hi

Everytime I enter the administrator password I get the following message come up in a blue box

Selected boot image did not Authenticate press enter

When I press enter my machine turns off

Can anyone hlep

Thanks

Tags (1)
34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,751 9,659 783 3,636
Message 2 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

This is related to the BIOS and the Secure Boot / Legacy mode settings.

You may need to enter BIOS and reset it to default settings OR enable Legacy mode (depending on your OS and style of installation)

Check >  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t20zediwFU

What your full computer model and product number. Please, post it as described here >http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 

What is the operating system that you use and did you install it on your own ?

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
Cannot boot from Windows 7 Installation DVD disc in HP Pavilion. When i switch on laptop, screen showing the message 'The selected boot device failed. Press ...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 3 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

it is now saying insert boot disk and press any key which I do not have. Any advise?

THANKS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,751 9,659 783 3,636
Message 4 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have operating system installed on the computer (on the HDD) ?

Was it Windows and was it able to boot fine before you did the BIOS settings change ?

If yes, then can you login to the BIOS again, tell me your configuration about Secure Boot and Legacy Mode ?

Can you also check the boot order and ensure the HDD is set as first boot device ?

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 5 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

i was unable to get the admin password I got this and now it comes up with the message.

where will I find any codes needed?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 6 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

the model is HP Pavilion 11 x360 PC and product number is k1s34EA#ABU

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,751 9,659 783 3,636
Message 7 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you don't know the administrator password (BIOS password/power-on password), please, enter a password (wrong one) three times and it will generate you a system disabled code (system halted code). Take note of this code.

Visit www.bios-pw.org , enter the code you got and you will receive a response code. Please, take note of this response code for HP models and enter it into your system. This response code will allow you to reset the BIOS password/security settings and enter the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
53 50 0 3
Message 8 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I have been able to get a passowrd for the administrator but still have the message - selected boot image did not authentictae? Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
128 118 5 9
Message 9 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey. . . . . . . . At the boot frequently press esc button and then a menu will be open . . . . . Open the bios utility (normally by pressing f10) in the bios go under boot or advance menu and enable legecy mode . . . .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,751 9,659 783 3,636
Message 10 of 35
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @CW2017

My initial suggestion is still valid - you need to enter the BIOS and review your settings (enable Legacy Mode most likely 

or reset to default - depending on your OS)

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation