Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I got the laptop 3 months ago it has windows 11 and hdd only so i upgrade it to ssd. When it was time to shut down, there was "update and shut down" so I press it. But when start the laptop today , bios update is going on after 3 minutes or so it finished and it said my pin is no longer available and I should make another so I follow the steps displayed and changed it.

Then when windows open I have lost most apps I downloaded also documents and pictures , but some files like videos on a disk is there. And the antivirus I bought and activated also need to reactivate.

Hiw can I recover the files and the apps?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Jasho12 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Remove the current SSD from notebook to avoid losing data. Insert a new SSD and reinstall the operating system. After that, you can access your old data with an SSD-to-USB adapter.

Do you need more help ?

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Noticed that the windows os has gone back to the old hdd and everything has returned to the old format.

How can I get it back to ssd windows?

HP Recommended

Hello @Jasho12 

Backup all important data of the SDD drive. After that, the SSD can be reused for a new Windows installation.

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.