Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 shuts down while in sleep mode

Spectre x360 convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new laptop works great but for one thing - after about 3 hours in sleep mode, it shuts down altogether.  HP says this is a hardware issue and wants me to send the computer to them for repair, but that is a big hassle and problem is so relatively minor want to explore all options before I go that route. Has anyone experienced this? Was it resolved, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Stuart

7 REPLIES 7
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,214
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sagoldsmith,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Dalesman62
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx is doing the same, will shutdown in sleep mode after a few hours.

Have tried the "reset" option in windows several times but laptop still shuts down.

The  Windows "reset" did fix an Envy x360 laptop that had been doing the same.

Dave

0 Kudos
Sagoldsmith
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The 'reset' doesn't solve it. HP support has tried to fix this problem remotely and has failed as well. They have told me it's probably a hardware problem and that I should send it in for repair. I haven't done it yet as I'm waiting to see if there are any other problems before giving up my computer for a couple of weeks.....

0 Kudos
Dalesman62
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, keep any updates posted.

0 Kudos
JL25
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Response for 6 months? Was there a resolution to this shutdown problem. I am currently still having the same problem

0 Kudos
Sagoldsmith
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP support told me 5-6 months back that they couldn't solve this remotely and that I needed to send the laptop to them. Because the problem is relatively minor (restarting is so quick with SSD) I have been delaying sending it back as I wanted to make sure there were no other problems. I intend to send it back after the new year.  In the mean time, I had been hoping that someone would come up with a solution that didn't involve sending it back to HP, but alas, I haven't heard of one yet.....

0 Kudos
Peter_BCFPI
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem; purchased July 22 2019, BestBuy, Canada 

Additionally the sound (Bang & Olfson) does not work or show up on my device tray, even after deleting then uploading recent sound drivers,

I will probably return the product to the store, and purchase a different brand.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation