Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter19511
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start-up only possible with almost closed lid.

Pavillion dv6612eo
Microsoft Windows Vista

By start-up with open screen it starts, but the screen remains black, and the process stops. Moving the screen to almost closed, the start-up process continues in normal way, and the screen lids up. After opening the screen fully the notebook works normal. Why can I only run a normal start-up with a nearly closed lid?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,410
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Start-up only possible with almost closed lid.

Hi @Peter19511,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you need assistance with the startup screen that works only when  the computer 's lid is almost closed. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

We greatly value your relationship with HP. You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a  privilege, to share this platform with you.

At the outset, there is an issue either with the hinges that could be hampering the display cable and pressing it, or the display cable itself may be faulty and a loose connection could be causing this.

So I request you to visit a local technician to get the unit checked and serviced as HP may not have support options for this computer as it is an older computer.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Take care now and have a super week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation