09-22-2016 02:33 PM
The computer wont start. After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED. Stays black for two minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color. This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit).
Already tried: hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B").
Also tried booting from a USB drive. It did not work (see screen below).
Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")?
09-23-2016 02:26 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query,
As I understand you've attempted a bios recovery using the win+B but it failed, you need assistance with resetting bios and I'll be more than glad to help you out :)
Unfortunately, that's a hardware issue and you will need to contact HP phone support for further assistance,
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I am an HP Employee
10-11-2017 09:37 PM
I have the same problem in that my HP pavilion since I made update to the version, F.28 spoiled my performance bugou my video drivers including my generic drivers
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)