Post new question
Message 1 of 3 (809 Views)

System BIOS recovery failed. Unable to open BIOS Signature file

Product Name: Split x2 13-g110dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer wont start.   After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED.   Stays black for two  minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color.     This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit).

Already tried:  hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B").

Also tried booting from  a USB drive.   It did not work (see screen below).

Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")?

Thank you.

Screen message

system BIOS recovery failed-unable to open BIOS sign 2016 09 22.JPG

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (769 Views)

Re: System BIOS recovery failed. Unable to open BIOS Signature file

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query,

As I understand you've attempted a bios recovery using the win+B but it failed, you need assistance with resetting bios and I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, that's a hardware issue and you will need to contact HP phone support for further assistance,

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (227 Views)

Re: System BIOS recovery failed. Unable to open BIOS Signature file

I have the same problem in that my HP pavilion since I made update to the version, F.28 spoiled my performance bugou my video drivers including my generic drivers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation