Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thread stuck in device driver Radeon graphics error

15-e092se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The 15-e092se Notebook wouldn't boot and kept blue screening, stating "thread stuck in device driver". This was on the preinstalled Windows 8.1. I clean installed with Windows 10 pro and as soon as the notebook installed the graphics device driver for the radeon chipset it blue screened again. I started in safemode and installed the latest drivers from Radeon themselves and the same result. I also got hold of old drivers and each of these gave the same result.  The only workaround I found to make the notebook work, was to disable the Radeon graphics and use the intel graphics (as it has both on this switchable graphics system). With just the Intel graphics it works absolutely fine, with no system instability. I have also tried older intel drivers with older Radeon ones with different permutations but still same result. HP assistant says the system is up to date and tried other fixes I have seen online. Updated BIOS, ensured all drivers are up to date etc.  Only conclusion I could come up with is that I have a hardware failure on this radeon graphics chipset. I am hoping there is a known fault with some sort of fix??

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15510 15501 1025 1677
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thread stuck in device driver Radeon graphics error

Hi @Telstarz

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the graphics driver and getting blue screen errors.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

I recommend you to update the audio driver and install all the windows update and check if that resolves the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation