Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,
I've been working on the problem for over a month now and I'm really frustrated.
We have the problem that some clients boot directly into the network, so the boot order is first network and then HDD.
The boot order is set via HP BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU) in the basic installation (sccm). Apparently the problem only occures with the Model 820 G3 because the Uefi boot remains empty
look here:
820 G3820 G3
this works for the 850 G3!

850.PNG
When I create a new config file from an 820 G3, edit it and then import it into a freshly installed 820 G3, I behave the same issue again. The UEFI boot order in the BIOS remains empty. But when I drag a config form the client it shows the boot order correctly in the config file, only apparently it ignores it if some clients still boots from network first.
When I reset the BIOS Settings after a basic installation via BCU, I have entries inside the UEFI boot sequence, but not quite in the order we need, 1pv6 must also be deactivated. If I apply the config again after the reset, it stays empty again.
I use the latest BCU.
The BIOS and the frimeware are also up to date.

I have studied the user guide from the bcu and still get the error. In the log he also writes that he is making the entries.
I hope I could explain what my problem is, english is not my mother tongue.
Any help much appreciated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.